Nyeri County has again received the position one overall trophy, on the implementation of the Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Project (KCSAP). KCSAP is a Government of Kenya project jointly supported by the World Bank.
In an event graced by the PS Agriculture and a team from the World Bank, Nyeri shone on both efficiency in the implementation of project activities and sustainability measures.
Nyeri Agriculture CEC James Muturi says their achievements include:-
- Supporting 320 groups in Nyeri to adopt improved technologies, innovations and management practices to the tune of Ksh 266.7 million.
- Enhancing Irrigation infrastructure through some 13 sub-projects to the tune of Ksh 248.5 million.
- Supporting three producer organizations in dairy and potato to the tune of Ksh 40 million.
- Mobilizing 3 new producer cooperatives whose Enterprise Development Plans are going to be funded.
- Recruiting and training 543 lead farmers who are going to be supporting the county to deliver extension across different value chains among others.