President Uhuru Kenyatta has announced an economic stimulus programme to help the country recover from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. Below are the ones that touch the Agriculture Sector.
- Ksh. 3 billion for the supply of farm inputs through e-vouchers, targeting 200,000 small scale farmers.
- Ksh. 1.5 billion will be set aside to assist flower and horticultural producers to access international markets
- To mitigate the impact of deforestation and climate change, and to enhance the provision of water facilities, the government will rehabilitate wells, water pans and underground tanks in the Arid and Semi-Arid areas to the tune of Ksh. 850 million.
- Ksh 1Billion has also been set aside for flood control measures.
- Ksh 540 Billion for our Greening Kenya Campaign.
- Ksh. 5 billion set aside to hire local labour for the rehabilitation of access roads and footbridges