1. Intern – GIS Intern
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
Position Summary: The Tropical Forages program is seeking to recruit a GIS Intern with good spatial data management skills to assemble and organize vast array of geospatial data that exists for Africa. Duties and
- Collection and analysis of geospatial data from openly available resources
- Perform digital data conversions (e.g. excel, access to spatial data )
- Create and add new map layers to existing geospatial databases
- Provide support in the maintenance of existing geospatial databases
- Perform any other GIS-related tasks as assigned.
Qualification and personal attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental science or other closely related discipline is desirable (Final year students or less than one year after degree completion are encouraged to apply)
- Proven competence in using open source GIS application software e.g. QGIS, R and Python
- Automation of spatial processes using R and Python is an added advantage
- Good analytical and spatial database skills
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and planning skills
- Self-driven and attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn new skillsets.
Terms of Employment:
This is a nationally recruited Internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for period of three (3) months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment and we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence.
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications must include reference number: LN-2624- GIS Intern as the position applied for. Application letter and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting.
2. Intern – Project Administration
Under the supervision of Project Administration Assistant, the Intern will provide effective and efficient programme and administrative support to the Nairobi office.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and ensure that the organization ERP – UBW information is up to date.
- Assist in keeping track of amendments and agreements received during the month to update monthly report.
- Update the ongoing project list with this information and share with relevant people on monthly basis.
- Keep up to date monthly report to facilitate mitigation gap report information.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for funds received from donors.
- Prepare project closure letters
- Update the physical files with the relevant documentation generated during the project lifecycle. E.g. Invoices, reports, letters etc.
- Assist with retrieving of required documents during audit.
- Dispatch Project documents to donors.
- Assist with gathering and compiling documentation from partners during due diligence process.
- Facilitate the tracking of the partner assessments and keep UBW up to date (suppliers- assessments), gather documents (profile forms, bank certifications and others)
- Any other tasks as assigned
The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Up to 1 year relevant experience in an international working environment
- Ability to demonstrate strong planning, tracking, administrative, written and oral skills
- Good IT skills and fluency in both written and spoken English are required for this role
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity
Terms of Employment: This is a nationally recruited internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for period of three (3) months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment. We believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications should include reference number: PD-2612 Intern – Project Administration as the position applied for. Application letter and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting.
The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIAT also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.