Three-Day Conference: GLOBALG.A.P. Takes Your Business to the Next Level with the World’s Leading Standard for Food Safety and Sustainability
Join the interactive meeting in Africa to bring together GLOBALG.A.P. staff, retailers and food service companies, national and international supply chain organizations, Kenyan producers, and other stakeholders for a two-day TOUR STOP conference.
Agriculture accounts for 51 % of Kenya’s gross domestic product (GDP), with approximately 80 % of agricultural production contributed by smallholder and medium-sized farms. The Kenyan government has identified food security as one of the key pillars of its Big Four agenda, alongside manufacturing, affordable housing, and universal health care. The government hopes to improve access to affordable, safe, and nutritious food for Kenya’s growing population and to improve the livelihoods and productivity of agricultural businesses.
GLOBALG.A.P. is one of the world’s fastest growing and most widely recognized farm-level certification systems for food safety and good agricultural practices. Its role in supporting Kenya’s food security efforts is illustrated by the growth of international demand for certified products such as fresh vegetables, macadamia, avocado, and herbs and spices. This growth can have a significant positive impact on the livelihoods of smallholder producers.
The three-day GLOBALG.A.P. TOUR Stop provides a unique opportunity to learn about GLOBALG.A.P.’s products and services and to network with food system stakeholders working in both national and international markets. The conference will address topics such as:
- How the GLOBALG.A.P. system can help farms improve food safety and good agricultural practices
- How GLOBALG.A.P. standards can improve access to local and international markets
- How GLOBALG.A.P. services can help farms achieve certification more effectively
- How the GLOBALG.A.P. network can help connect markets and farmers
- How GLOBALG.A.P. marketing canconnect farmers with consumers
Date: 30 October – 01 November 2019 (30-31 October Conference Day, 1 November Farm visit)
Place: Nairobi, Kenya
Venue: KALRO Headquarters
Participants Fee: Free of charge
Language: English (with simultaneous translation to French on 30 October 2019)
Who should attend?
- Farmers, exporters, traders, retailers, food service companies, government agencies, extension service providers, aid agencies, certification bodies